With the season of giving upon us, we’re thankful for all that our corporate partners have contributed to our community this past year. 2017 was a record breaking year for corporate engagement at Boston Cares and we’re gearing up to make an even bigger impact in 2018.
By the numbers, Boston Cares partnered with over 50 companies, engaging 5,000+ volunteers from corporations across Greater Boston that gave back to the people, places and things that were most important to them.
What’s the impact of 5,000 volunteers you ask?
Over 17,000 hours of service to 88 nonprofits and schools, adding up to more than $700,000 in value of time and supplies.
A snapshot of how your colleagues, competitors and consumers gave back:
- Built over 200 Twin Beds for children transitioning out of homelessness
- Engaged more than 5,000 students in basic STEM concepts by using real life applications like robots, roller coasters and static
- Created 1,680 superhero capes and masks for children needing long term medical attention at local hospitals
- Coached over 100 high school students for job and college readiness
- Beautified 36 Greater Boston schools over 51 separate volunteer events with projects including framing walls, building benches, installing playground equipment, building an accessible deck, and so much more!
Boston Cares Corporate is thankful for great partners that keep Boston Cares the best volunteer mobilizer in Boston and the surrounding community. Ready to join us? We are booking days of service for 2018 now!
Looking for a way to kick off 2018 by supporting your community?
Join us as a sponsor for Martin Luther King Jr. Day on January 15, 2018.